PS116 in the '50s
The building adjacent to the original PS 116 on 32nd St. (2007), built c.1910 in the Beaux-Arts style, was originally the Tammany Central Association Clubhouse (Wikipedia)
Photo courtesy of Norm Sinowitz
Photo courtesy of Irving Harris, "Madison Square Memoirs"
The original PS116 between 32nd and 33rd Streets and Second and Third Avenues was erected in 1868.
Courtesy: Irving Harris, 'Madison Square Memoirs'